Jedi Path

Beaux livres, magazines et autres écrits non-romanesques : c'est par ici !
Jaweco
Bras droit de Thrawn

Re: Jedi Path

Message par Jaweco »

Ptet que ça se vend pas assez et qu'il ne peuvent pas se permettre cette réduction ad vitam aeternam ?
"One can concentrate so closely on the words of a sentence that one thereby misses the meaning. As can happen in any area of life. You must never lose focus on the larger landscape." - Commander Mitth'raw'nuruodo, Outbound Flight
Jaden07
Ge'verd, ge'jetii

Message par Jaden07 »

ptetre aussi parce que toutes les bonnes choses ont une fin? xD
ImageImage
Boba Fett
Meilleur Chasseur de Primes de la Galaxie

Message par Boba Fett »

Interview de l'auteur de Jedi Path, il parle de ces inspirations, décrit le livre, et il laisse espérer un Sith Path :D

L'interview:

What inspired you to write The Jedi Path?

Think of the most popular, most enduring things that Star Wars has contributed to pop culture: lightsabers, "do or do not," the Jedi mind trick, "May the Force be with you." All of them center around the Jedi, and anybody who is as big a Star Wars fan as myself would trip over their own feet to work on a project like this. The Jedi Path is written as if it were a textbook taken straight out of the galaxy far far away, and therefore I had to put myself in the shoes of great Jedi Masters and explain how they saw the Force. This was intimidating and fascinating, since it involved uncovering -- or inventing -- a philosophical framework for everything that the Jedi believe. Including the uniforms they wear all the way up to their visions of future prophecy.

Who was your audience for this book? Will fans with no knowledge of anything beyond the movies -- or The Clone Wars -- enjoy it?

The audience is Star Wars fans. I want everything I write to appeal to both casual fans and superfans. The former group should never feel overwhelmed and the latter group should never feel ripped off. Hopefully The Jedi Path pleases both groups. The lore is presented clearly and straightforwardly, but superfans will pick up on the references and in-jokes. It also contains a decent amount of all-new material.

What were some of the chief sources you sought out in your research?

The movies. The Clone Wars series. The games, particularly Jedi Knight and The Force Unleashed. Ryder Windham's The Essential Guide to Jedi and the Force. Hundreds of little elements from the novels and comics. And the Star Wars role-playing materials developed by Wizards of the Coast and West End Games.

Outside of the scripts themselves, was Lucas asked to clarify any specific questions about his understanding of the Jedi and the Force?

I didn't consult with George Lucas directly, but his presence loomed large during the writing process. After all, he's the Maker. And something about the Jedi that George put into the movies, something that often gets ignored, is that the Jedi were deeply flawed. For example, the librarian in Episode II who is convinced that if the Jedi don't already know something, then it essentially doesn't exist. Or Obi-Wan's infamous "certain point of view." The Jedi Path was written by the Jedi in their prime, but between the lines you can see the things that led to their downfall.

About the annotations -- with the exception of Thame, all the previous owners of the book are familiar to fans of either the films or The Clone Wars series. For the uninitiated, just who was Thame?

Thame Cerulian was Dooku's master. Yes, Attack of the Clones implies that Yoda was Dooku's master, but Yoda seems to have trained everybody on some level -- remember that back in Empire, Obi-Wan introduces Yoda as "the Jedi Master who instructed me." Thame Cerulian is introduced in a series of young reader books so he's arguably the biggest tie-in to the Expanded Universe in The Jedi Path. Almost nothing about him existed when I started, so I enjoyed adding bits of color by writing his graffiti annotations and creating his homeworld, his personality, and hints of his prior adventures. The metal Jedi medallion that's included as one of the book's removable souvenirs belongs to Thame.

This is the first "in universe" book LFL has authorized -- do you have any plans for similar works "inside" the Star Wars universe -- a manual for clone recruits or even "The Sith Path"?

Let me just say that I'm in love with the fact that this is truly an in-universe book. I've tried to do in-universe perspectives before -- Star Wars: The New Essential Chronology is "written" by the New Republic Historical Council, for example -- but those books all have Star Wars logos on their fronts and UPC barcodes on their backs. The Jedi Path is an old weathered textbook with souvenirs tucked in its pages, as if it were plucked directly from Yoda's nightstand. I agree that it's a rich concept. I'd love to do "The Sith Path," or a smuggler's logbook, or a trooper's field manual.

Taking the in-universe idea one step further -- any plans for an all-Aurebesh edition? Or will you leave this up to the industrious fan sector?

That's a good one, but I'll see your geek and raise you. An Aurebesh edition written in Star Wars-y sci-fi lettering isn't necessary, since English already exists in the Star Wars universe! If the writing on the Death Star's tractor beam controls [in the pre-2004 version of A New Hope] isn't enough evidence, consider the silhouettes of X-wings and Y-wings. Shipbuilders love the A-B-Cs!

Finally, the torn-out pages -- will we ever learn what was contained in them?

Who can say? I do know that text exists for those missing pages about the Prophecy of the Chosen One, even though we decided fairly early in development that that section would be in tatters to emphasize that the book had been around the block a few times before coming into the reader's possession. The pages definitely did not say, "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."
Mon blog cinéma ! :
http://ma-cinecritique.tumblr.com/

La page Facebook de mon blog ! :
http://www.facebook.com/MaCineCritique
jedi-mich
Maître Jedi dans l'âme.... ou pas

Message par jedi-mich »

Un Sith path ?
Pourquoi pas
Mais faudrait pas trop multiplier ce genre de livre.
Ca perdrait l'effet " :shock: " e ndécouvrant les coffrets.
S'il peut saigner...............on peut le tuer..............." : Major Dutch Schaefer
Boba Fett
Meilleur Chasseur de Primes de la Galaxie

Message par Boba Fett »

Ce serait pas mal si y ferait juste le Sith Path de plus.
Mon blog cinéma ! :
http://ma-cinecritique.tumblr.com/

La page Facebook de mon blog ! :
http://www.facebook.com/MaCineCritique
Dark Devaster
Sith Magnus

Message par Dark Devaster »

La difficulté d'un Sith Path viendrait du fait... qu'à chaque changement de régime les Sith ont fait des réformes importantes ! Mais ça reste faisable, et ça me plairait que ça se fasse :).
Jaweco
Bras droit de Thrawn

Message par Jaweco »

Oui, un bouquin sur le durée hebdomadaire de travail et l'âge légal de départ à la retraite chez les Sith, ça pourrait valoir le coup ! :mrgreen:
"One can concentrate so closely on the words of a sentence that one thereby misses the meaning. As can happen in any area of life. You must never lose focus on the larger landscape." - Commander Mitth'raw'nuruodo, Outbound Flight
Benson800
Dépeceur de Jawa

Message par Benson800 »

Comme le dit Dan la difficulté c'est aussi d'avoir véritablement un effet in-universe. Le détail de ne pas avoir de code barre ou de je ne sais quel logo Star Wars sur le livre (et dans le livre) est primordial pour le petit effet. Ca oblige donc à avoir un coffret autour. Mais je persiste à dire que le coffret animé n'était pas indispensable. Pour le premier livre c'est sympa mais je pense que si ils nous ressortent un truc équivalent ca risque de souler un peu, parce que bon, c'est aussi dans le prix hein. Une jolie boite en carton autour du livre et hop, on peut également produire un livre sans logo SW et sans code barre. J'espère qu'on aura ce genre de truc ;)

Ah, et puisque c'est officiellement officiellement in-universe, je vais pas tarder à ficher ce magnifique livre :D
Dakin Quelia
Maître Jedi

Message par Dakin Quelia »

Ce livre à l'air grandement intéressant mais à priori, c'est en anglais. Même si je me débrouille, j'aurais aimé le voir en français le livre car je suis tellement habitué que ça devient un peu "chiant" de le lire dans sa version originale.

Ma foi, il est très intéressant donc je ferai l'effort de l'acheter dans sa version actuelle.

Je te remercie pour le partage des captures d'écran. ;)
Evan Lupin
Arpenteur silencieux

Message par Evan Lupin »

Le livre sans le boite plastique sort courant juin je crois bien, prix d'annonce vers 15-20 euros.

Dakin, je ne suis pas habitué à lire en anglais non plus mais ce livre se lis assez facilement. Il n'y a que quelques mots qui peuvent g^ner.
Il n'y a pas d'ombre sans lumiere, ni de lumiere sans ombre.

Dakin Quelia
Maître Jedi

J'arriverai à me débrouiller mais je trouve juste dommage qu'ils ne le font pas en français vu le succès que ça peut rencontrer. ;)
Anakin

Message par Anakin »

Pas en français??? je viens pourtant de voir plusieurs fois des exemplaires écrits en Français.

Ce livre me tente vraiment! Et l'ouverture de la boite a l'air extra! J'ai vu des mecs sur youtube qui présentaient leurs exemplaires et c'est encore mieux que ce que j'imaginais :).

J'ai trouvé le prochain livre que je vais prendre s'il est, bien entendu, sorti en France.
Dakin Quelia
Maître Jedi

T'es sûr? Car il me semble l'avoir vu qu'en anglais pour le moment. Peut être, me trompe-je? :)
Anakin

Message par Anakin »

Attends, je te montre la photo...
Anakin

Message par Anakin »

Anakin

Message par Anakin »

Ah! c'est plus grand que je ne le croyais ^^
Dakin Quelia
Maître Jedi

Ah dans ce cas, c'est encore mieux. C'est excellent ça. :)

Merci pour l'information.
Anakin

Message par Anakin »

De rien
Anakin

Message par Anakin »

Mais il parait que la traduction Française n'est pas terrible, d'après le commentaire d'un membre du site sur lequelle j'ai pris cette photo, mais il donnait un exemple du genre: Dark Vador(fr) et pas normalement Darth Vader (E), ce qui, franchement, ne me dérange pas du tout!
Dakin Quelia
Maître Jedi

Après chacun est libre d'aimer ou non mais je suis fan des Jedi/Sith et de la Force donc ce livre me plaît déjà. :)
Répondre